Personalized Care During a Time of Need
Traumatic Brain Injury Torrance
If you or a loved on have been the victim of a brain injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. The Law Offices of Edward J. Deason has extensive experience in litigating brain injury cases and can help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Most brain injuries occur when the brain impacts with the side of the skull due to a sudden blow, severe shaking, or whiplash. Car accidents , slip and fall accidents , and gunshot wounds are the most common causes of brain injuries. There are several types of brain injuries, some of which are listed below:
- A concussion or closed-head injury occurs when an object violently strikes the head, but the skull is not fractured;
- Brain contusions occur when the brain tissue is bruised or torn;
- A penetrating injury is generally associated with a gunshot wound, knife wound, or other object piercing the skull and entering the brain;
- A skull fracture occurs when the bones of the skull crack or break. If the skull is depressed due to the fracture, portions of the broken skull can puncture the brain tissue;
- Hematomas are blood clots that can be very dangerous. These blood clots push against the skull and cause severe pressure on the brain.
The diagnosis and treatment of brain injuries requires specialized medical evaluation as the devastating consequences of brain trauma are usually not visible or easy to prove. The effects of so called "minor" brain injuries are often most apparent to others living with the victim.
If you or a member of your family has suffered from a brain injury including some of the most common types listed above, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Contact the Law Offices of Edward J. Deason so that we can asses your specific case and receive the compensation for your need and deserve.