Client Bill of Rights
Accident attorney Edward Deason believes our Los Angeles, Orange County, and Long Beach-area clients have the following rights:
- You have the right to an attorney who has the skill, knowledge, and ability to represent you or your family at the highest level of professional standards.
- You have the right to be treated with dignity, respect, courtesy, and honesty.
- You have the right to an attorney who will use his professional judgment to assist you without any conflict of interest.
- You have the right to the attorney's advice regarding the alternatives to litigation and the advantages and disadvantages of pursing litigation.
- You have the right to be billed at a reasonable fee and to receive a full explanation of the billing procedures before your representation begins.
- You have the right to receive fair, honest, and easy-to-understand billing and accounting statements.
- You have the right to be kept informed of your matter being handled by the attorney so that you can participate in your case in a meaningful way.
- You have the right to have any questions or concerns answered by the attorney promptly, and to have all telephone calls returned in a timely manner.
- You have the right to have your privacy protected to the fullest extent of the law in all matters between you and the attorney.
- You have the right to terminate the attorney at any time and receive a copy of your file.
- You have the right to an attorney who is a member in good standing with the State Bar and who conducts himself or herself in an ethical and professional manner at all times in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
The Attorney's Bill of Rights
- The attorney has the right to be fully informed by the client of any fact that could impact the legal matters being handled by the attorney.
- The attorney has the right to expect the client to update the attorney's office with current addresses and telephone numbers.
- The attorney has the right to expect the client to answer all requests of the attorney in a prompt manner.
To learn more about your rights in a personal injury case, contact Los Angeles, Orange County, and Long Beach-based accident attorney Edward Deason.